Chipotle Cheese Enchiladas
Keeping with the theme of this weeks blog (Restaurant review of Of The Boarder), which featured some awesome Cheese and Onion Enchiladas. You can read the review by clicking here. I thought I would post a recipe for our favorite Chipotle Cheese Enchiladas. We hope you enjoy them.
The Sauce (Ingredients) :
(2) 8 Oz. cans tomato sauce
(1) chipotle pepper (1 pepper, not one can!) (SEE NOTE 1)
(1/2) Onion cut into chunks
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic
The Sauce ( Directions )
1 ) Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
2 ) Blend until smooth.
The Enchiladas (Ingredients) :
(1) Medium Onion
4 Cups grated cheddar cheese
(1) can sliced black olives, drained
(1) 12 pack of flower tortillas
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese.
1 ) Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce into a 9 x 13 in baking dish.
2) Combine onion, cheddar cheese and half the olive in a large bowl.
3) Spread 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla.
4) Roll each tortilla to enclose filling.
5) Place seam side down in prepared dish.
6) Pour remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese and remaining olives.
Bake covered in foil at 350F (180C) Degree’s for 30 minutes.
NOTE 1: I ordered 12 cans of Chipotle in Adobe sauce from Amazon.com and they were shipped to me in Korea. In the states you should be able to find the chipotle peppers without the sauce.
If you make these enchiladas please come back and comment on the recipe!